See Your Full Smile With Clear Aligners
One of our most popular products allows you to straighten your smile without any uncomfortable or awkward metal.
What Are Clear Aligners?
Clear aligners are customised trays that apply careful pressure to your teeth to gradually shift them throughout treatment. According to Dr Hopkins, they are changing the landscape of orthodontics!
Invisalign is an excellent product and popular in Perth and the surrounding areas for getting the smile of your dreams. These clear aligners can be used on both adults and teens as an alternative to conventional braces.
Most people with mild to moderate alignment problems are candidates for Invisalign treatment. Dr Hopkins has extensive experience in the process, which means that he can achieve superior results.
Affordable Invisible Braces You Have Been Waiting for
The invisible braces you’ve been looking for. Discover the convenient alternative to fixed braces.
Our specialist orthodontist in Clarkson Perth provides Invisalign aligners which are the closest thing to an ‘invisible’ way of straightening your teeth. Using the most innovative teeth straightening technology, Invisalign works through a series of clear and removable plastic clear aligners.
The Invisalign, invisible braces, system has many advantages over traditional braces, providing better results, an Invisalign treatment that fits your lifestyle and better oral health.
A dazzling smile can be a great asset. If you feel like your crooked teeth are holding you back, there’s no better time than now to do something about them. Orthodontic treatments such as Invisalign can give you the smile you’ve always wanted.
Treatment doesn’t just straighten crooked teeth. Orthodontics can also make it easier for you to clean your teeth and gums, reduce wear and tear on your teeth and reduce the stress on your jaw joint.
What Are Clear Aligners? What Makes Them Invisible?
Clear aligners are clear, removable orthodontic appliances. An alternative to fixed braces, these aligners are nearly invisible when you wear them. They use advanced technology and unique thermoplastic material to straighten teeth without uncomfortable brackets or wires.
Each aligner is specially designed to fit your smile at that precise moment in the treatment plan. They’re easy to put in and comfortable to wear, and while they might not be right for every patient or every smile, they offer plenty of benefits over traditional braces.
They look like clear retainers or whitening trays and are made to fit close to the teeth. They snap into place and won’t slip or shift out of position.
Our Process With Clear Teeth Aligners
It is our aim to ensure your journey with clear aligners is seamless, easy and painless so our process is very straight forward.
- Determine if they are suitable for you – People may not be able to use clear aligners straight away. This can be due to many factors but typical examples include: teeth being too misaligned or crooked for aligners, teeth too overcrowded and requiring pre-work before the patient can have aligners, rear teeth needing extraction first to create more room, infections of the teeth and gums that need to be cleared up first. It is for these reasons we only recommend the expertise of an Orthodontist in relation to aligners to ensure patients have a positive experience.
- X-rays & imaging – If Dr Hopkins determines that you’re a candidate for clear aligners, he’ll need to take some X-rays, photographs and moulds of your teeth. Technology such as the Trios Scanner certainly makes outcomes even more accurate.
- Treatment plan – We use records and data to create your ClinCheck treatment plan, a 3D plan that will show each tooth’s movement throughout every stage of treatment.
- Over to the lab – If you’re happy with the preview of your new smile, the lab will custom-make your new aligners, which are sent to Oasis Orthodontics.
- Fitting of aligners – The fitting of clear aligners is a quick and painless process. A few outer teeth are fitted with tiny invisible hooks which match the colour of your teeth. Your first set of aligners are clipped into place just like that. Easy self-removal and installation are demonstrated and practised for you by a staff member.
- Instructions and maintenance – An Oasis staff member will go over how to keep your mouth and aligners clean. You will be provided with a 6-week kit where you will typically change to a new set of aligners every two weeks allowing them to slowly shift your teeth into their desired position.
- Checkups – Every 6 weeks or so you will be required to book in, receive your new set of aligners and be monitored closely to ensure your teeth and moving in the desired way and receive any additional needed treatment or support if necessary.
- Long term timeline – Every patient’s mouth is different and because of this, the journey to a perfect smile will differ. For instance, some people may need conventional braces and other dental work done first which will push out the treatment timeline. Typical time periods for Invisalign and spark aligners alone are 1 – 2 years of treatment until your teeth reach their final position.
For additional information please visit our process page.
Is Invisalign the Same Thing as Invisible Braces/Clear Aligners?
Invisalign is the name brand of one type of clear aligner system, and it’s a pretty popular one! However, there are other brands of aligner systems that might be right for you.
The Benefits of Clear Aligners
Are there benefits to using aligner systems over conventional braces or even ceramic braces?
Absolutely! Although braces are highly effective for most orthodontic problems, aligner systems are a clear favourite with many of our patients.
Some of the biggest benefits include:
- The invisibility that ensures confidence and an attractive smile during treatment
- Comfort without any rough metal or poky wires to irritate your gums or lips
- Better dental hygiene thanks to removable aligners that make it easier to brush and floss after meals and snacks
- Fewer dental visits with easier aligner changes. Treatment can even be up to 50 per cent faster than other types of treatments!
Are There Alternatives?
Conventional braces are the most common orthodontic treatment. For patients who want a more subtle treatment, ceramic or lingual braces can be another alternative.
How Much Do Invisalign & Spark Cost?
That depends on several factors.
Costs of treatment can vary based on:
- How long you need to wear the aligners
- How often you need to visit our offices
- The need for buttons, attachments or other adjustments
- The complexity of your needs
Private health insurers do sometimes cover the costs of orthodontic treatments, and that includes Invisalign and other aligner systems. However, extras cover private health insurance policies will typically have a 12-month waiting period, so you’ll need to plan ahead.
If your private insurer doesn’t cover orthodontics, you might also qualify for a monthly instalment plan or other payment option.
Is There Anything Else I Need to Know?
Before you begin treatment, Dr Hopkins will give you a list of dos and don’ts.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind, including:
- Wear your aligners as instructed! Your teeth will only move if you’re wearing them, so aim for at least 22 hours of wear-time every day.
- Skip the all-day sips. Keeping a glass of something on hand all day can be an excellent way to stay hydrated, but it’s not so good for your aligners unless it’s plain water. Hot drinks such as tea will warp your aligners while soft drinks and coffee can stain your aligners. If you have to have one of these drinks, take your aligner out, drink quickly and brush before putting your trays back in.
- Brushing is non-negotiable. Orthodontics can leave your teeth more vulnerable to decay and other problems, so you need to make sure you brush after every meal and skip the mindless snacking.
Are you ready for the stunning smile of your dreams?
Contact Oasis today to find out more